Monday, August 31, 2020

The First MRI

 Blog #6 --Same Time


My headaches are now getting better thanks to the antibiotics. They make all the difference in the world at this point and I am convinced that everything that is wrong, is the menge. Because everything seems to be calming down with the help of antibiotics. So, when they take me down for my MRI, I don't really think anything of it.

During the MRI, I was a little freaked out because I have never done it before. I always see these big machines in shows and how people get claustrophobic in them. And with me and my over reactive imagination, I firmly believe I am going to be one of those people. Plus, I'm getting it done with and without contrast. The big question on my mind at the time was 'does contrast burn?'

So, they get me on this machine, put the cage like mask on my face and tell me not to move. They give me a little button that I can press in case I need them, but overall DO NOT MOVE. I close my eyes and let the machine do its thing. I opened my eyes about halfway through because I wanted to see what it was like. And it wasn't bad. I could definitely see why people could freak out about it. It is very close quarters. However, feeling the air on my hands and my legs, made me feel better. It let me know that I had a way out.

Then they go to inject the contrast. I asked if it was going to hurt and they told me no. Which was a huge relief. So far, everything was going good and I had nothing to be afraid of. 

Then it was over, and I had to get down off the table and let everyone see my underwear. So that was fun. The more I stayed in the hospital, the more my modesty level was going down. 


See you next time! Stay Unique, Rare & Unicorn-Like



No comments:

Post a Comment